Thursday, September 11

boracay '08


Boracay at high noon. Lovely and serene.
Photo by Rikkiyum

This is long overdue I've been really busy lately. Anyhoo, as always Boracay's awesome. The weather was fabulous despite the rain forecast. As in zero rain. It felt like summer minus tons of people. Perfect!

Let me start with the hotel. We stayed at The Tides and it's great. They welcomed us with drinks and cool towels. I love the simplicity of their rooms and the minimalist design. The used of white, black and red as the main tones give the place a peaceful and zen-like appeal. They have internet stations at the lobby area available for everyone's use but the connection was extremely slow. Oh well, it's an island what do you expect? The rooftop pool bar was ultra posh. Love it! Oh did I mention that they have a nice bathroom? Really nice. Imagine yourself under a waterfall shower, enjoying the light mist on your face and the warmth of the water... then you heard a loud thud. Only to find out that the shower handle fell off. Kaloka. And don't let me start with the cable channels. But at least the room service was fast and efficient. Overall, my experience has been quite positive despite the drawbacks.

We actually didn't spend greatly on food. Cheapskate! Haha. We even had breakfast at Andok's. Hehe. On our first day, we had lunch at Gasthof, a restaurant that served mostly Filipino dishes and seafoods followed by a late dinner at Oles Tapas, a mexican bar. The next day we had a hefty lunch at Puka Beach (love the garlic/chili crab!) and had a spicy dinner at True food, an Indian restaurant. We had pizza and bufallo wings at Yellowcab; a fish taco, double meatball spaghetti, fish and fries and a hero sandwich at Jammers; a hot roast beef burger at Big Bites and an Ice Monster fix everyday. For the boost, we tried Ole's Mojito but we never liked it because all we can taste was the alcohol. We had a Mai Tai at Hey Jude which we all loved so much we ordered the same drink at Tides only to regret it. We never got drunk and had no plans to begin with because hangover has no place in Boracay. We'd rather have a tan than a throbbing headache. One thing I regret the most was not having the time to stop by at Jonah's. Oh well maybe next time.


Underwater shots!


The Mafias and besToni.


Our cardboard cut-out friend, Che and a funny pinoy sign.

We went snorkeling and reef walking where we got our great underwater shots. Walking on the sea bed and feeding the fishes was an amazing experience! Medyo I found the gear nga lang heavy for my size. Some of my friends tried ATV and parasailing. So, basically we swam and binged all day long. But boo I went home with these nasty itchy bites from "planktons" as my friend Mj puts it. One of the locals said the jellyfish were to blame. Actually, I got the same dilemma in Galera but the bites were severe I had to go to a dermatologist. Oh well.

In those 4 days and 3 nights, there were times that the Mommy in me wanted to pack up and go home. I missed my baby so much that without my crazy friends who kept me sane the entire trip I wouldn't last a day.

Vacation doesn't have to be a bank account-breaker. Some of our best times in this trip were sitting in the sundeck talking about any kind of chismis under the sun and fooling around for the camera. I super enjoyed our paparazzi shots, the Mafia games, the pig out sessions, everything! I'll definitely come back hopefully this summer with Hubby and Hamypoopi. I would love to experience celebrating the New Year's eve at Boracay. It must be really fun. I can't wait on my next trip!

So there. Still enjoying my tan lines. Cheerio!


Paparazzi shots!



Photographed by moi


Tyra!

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=3210ed98928e5afc70dac0e51e3faf3d ss_blog_claim=3210ed98928e5afc70dac0e51e3faf3d