Sunday, September 14

save your favorite youtube videos

Hamy loves watching Barney, Wonderpets and her favorite TV commercials on YouTube and it really gets tiring to wait until the buffer is full to play a steady stream. So to make life easier for both of us, I usually had a different tabbed window for her fully buffered videos. My laptop was always on sleep mode because I don't want to close the window and start all over again.

Imagine my happiness when I came across Savetube, an online tool where you can download and save your favorite YouTube videos in a snap. The videos need to be saved as a flash video (.flv) and in order to view them you must download an flv player. You may also download a converter if you wish to have the videos in AVI (MOV for me), MP4 or whatever format you want. I don't know how long Savetube's been around but I'm glad it works.

To add, if you want to convert FLV files or YouTube videos to MP3 this flv online converter will do the work for you. It's fast and efficient. Another great online tool is vixy.net which is an MPEG4 (AVI/MOV/MP4/MP3/3GP) converter. I have yet tried it because I had no patience to use it. It's too slooow for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your daughter in the earlier post? She's so cute!

Gosh, this YouTube thing you explained, you know what, I didn't even know you can watch TV shows on your computer till about a week ago...

Tina said...

Thanks! She's my little hamster.

I guess nothing is impossible in the world wide web. Even hacking has a video tutorial.

 
ss_blog_claim=3210ed98928e5afc70dac0e51e3faf3d ss_blog_claim=3210ed98928e5afc70dac0e51e3faf3d